Just who is Bo Bennett?
Bo Bennett is a local 911 operator and citizen of Knoxville. Bo is a Christian, a former athlete, a husband, and many other things. He believes in the power of the community and its ability to strengthen the city as a whole. He has lived in Knoxville for eight years and proudly calls the city home. Bo hopes to bring communities and people together and put aside the smaller differences to focus on the big issues first.
One of his main goals is focused on the growth of local community and business. Bo understands and believes that if our businesses can grow not only will the city have higher tax revenue, but more of our unemployed will have the opportunity to work and provide for their families. He believes in fairness, and he wants to meet on a personal level with the people of the city and reconnect the government to the people. Another of his main goals is to reduce crime and build safer communities for everyone. He believes his work experience will allow him to have great success with this goal. He believes that everyone matters and has a voice that is worth hearing.
Bo is not a politician, and outside of a brief period as a member of the board of directors for a federal PAC, he has no “political” experience and fully believes this will help him reach his goal of reconnecting the government to the people. Ultimately Bo is an everyday man with a passion to make a difference in the people of Knoxville’s lives.
If Elected Mayor, Bennett Will…
- Strengthen and grow the individual communities of Knoxville.
- Grow Knoxville’s economy by pursuing local growth first.
- Decrease crime rates and emergency response times.
- Strive to increase the quality of city services while keeping them affordable.
- Create a logical plan to increase the rate of pay for uniformed city employees.
- Run an honorable and transparent government.
- Work hard to handle the issue of the chronically homeless side by side with community and local organizations.
- Work to keep taxes down and from increasing.
10 Questions for Bennett…
- Favorite Local Guilty Pleasure: Cupcakes from The Cupcakery
- Favorite Childhood Memory of Knoxville: Visiting Knoxville and the Zoo.
- Favorite Local Restaurant: La Fiesta
- Favorite Annual Knoxville Event: Boomsday
- I’m Rooting for: The Downtown North and Magnolia Corridor Project.
- One Word that Describes Knoxville: Home
- I’m Currently Reading: Several books related to community development and The Sherlock Holmes Adventures.
- I Can’t Start My Day Without: Caffeine, be it coffee or something else.
- Most Inspirational Politician/Statesman: George Washington or Samuel Adams.
- Quote that Sums of Your Worldview: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16(KJV). I chose this piece of scripture to be my quote because it is the staple of my faith and my heart. I cannot separate my faith from who I am, because from it comes the reason I am running, to make a difference in people’s lives. God has commanded us to do what is right, and just, and love each other above all things. People have to come first and politics second this is what I believe and what I strive for.