My 10 favorite things about Knoxville. What are yours?
- Some of the greatest leaders of all time have called it home. Jim Clayton, Sam Furrow, Dr. William Bass, John Sevier, Chris Whittle, Bill Regas and Jim Haslam, Jr.
- Sports, sports and more sports.
- The food. Pioneers like Bill Regas have established Knoxville as one of the hubs of great dining. Regas has taught some of the best including Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas and P.F. Chang’s CEO, Rick Federico.
- Those dynamic Downtown college students that keep the city young and vibrant.
- Hall of Fame Bridge. One of the most welcoming landmarks Knoxville has ever had.
- Musicians that fill the air with lyrics and notes. Notables include Chet Atkins, Brian Bell of Weezer, Kenny Chesney, and Mary Costa.
- Knoxville neighbors like Oak Ridge and Gatlinburg.
- The Great Smoky Mountains.
- World’s largest disco ball, err, I mean Sunsphere.
- Littons. I have yet to find a burger that rivals those found at Littons Market and Restaurant.
Photography by ATOMIC LLC